Wednesday 6 January 2016

Thoughtful presents: Memory jar

Okay so I did this one for myself, but I'm sharing it as it’s a great simple idea to have at any birthday celebrations.

So for anyone that isn't my friends or family I turned 30 a few months ago, and I celebrated by hiring out a local indoor adventure playground Activity World for my friends and family to play, which was the most fun I've had at a party. And the day afterwards I had lunch with other family and friends that couldn't make Activity World.

For both I decided to make a memory jar for people to contribute to. As you know by now I love an idea from Pinterest and this is another one from the site.

It’s really simple to do; get a clear glass jar, stick a label stating memory jar or whatever birthday you are celebrating, and leave pens and paper for people to write memories of you. That’s it!


I read them after my birthday weekend and there was a great variety of memories, some I have no recollection of, like my dad saying how I was as a baby, to uni memories and nights out.


And some that didn't happen at all like these ones from family friend Mark!


Give it a go at your next birthday, it’s a great keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment