Saturday 2 January 2016

Challenge within a challenge: Dresses 4-6: Festive fun

Happy New Year! I hope you had a good Christmas and enjoyed New Year’s Eve. Christmas is always a time when you dress up a little and this year was no exception.

On Christmas day my sisters and I dressed up a little and I wore this lovely brown dress which you’ve guessed it was from Dave’s market stall, so it was £5 or under. I tried to curl my hair as well, but quite often if I curl my hair, the curls fall out within an hour or so. As usual my Grandad came over, and I decided to make a donation to Age UK as there are quite a few elderly people who are usually alone at Christmas, and haven’t got family like my Grandad has.


For Boxing Day I wore a dress that was a birthday present years ago from my friend Alice. It’s from H&M and has a bit of stretch to it, which was good for Boxing Day as there was lots of nice food my mum and auntie prepared. I spent a fair bit of time talking to my cousin Steven and he is always up to lots of different things over the year. He said to me that I should say yes to every opportunity that comes my way, as I could always say no later. I decided to donate to the Make a Wish Foundation, as it grants magical wishes for ill children and young people. So I thought if they had opportunities given to them, they would be the sort of people which would say yes to everything and make the most of life. Originally when I thought about donating to charities I asked people on Facebook who I should donate to, and Donna who I went to school with suggested the Make a Wish Foundation, so thanks for the idea!


On the 28th my relatives from my dad’s side came round and there were a lot of us. One of the main things we did was a photo scavenger hunt in the afternoon. We had 30 minutes to get pictures of the following: a scene from the nativity, a star, snow and one of the 12 days of Christmas. Here’s me and my Auntie Jean and Katy who is married to my cousin James with 3 French hens (see what we did there.)


The dress I wore was a nice loose dress, again great for eating lots of food. It was from the limited edition collection from New Look and I got it years ago in the sale for £5. I like the dress, but I'm in two minds of keeping it, it’s a great shape but the little sleeves make me look even younger then I am, so not sure whether to keep it or not.

In the morning and at lunch I spent a fair amount of time chatting to my Uncle Tony who I hadn’t seen since last Christmas. He’s really into his cycling, so in view of that I donated to CTC, which is a cycling charity that encourages people to build their skills and confidence on a bike.

I hope you had fun spending time with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment