Monday 25 January 2016

Minimalism challenge: Routines and complaints

As part of my minimalism challenge I had to meditate, have a day of no complaining, create a morning routine and a relaxing bedtime routine.

A day of no complaining was pretty easy to do, as the only thing I complain about these days are either Outlook not working properly at work, or my landlord not issuing new parking permits.

I’d already tried meditating in my routine of success challenge, and I didn't get much from it. But as the challenge said to meditate for 15 minutes, I did exactly that.

I had to create a morning ritual and for this the website suggested to either meditate, yoga or read. So I read when I woke up, and I still read for 15 minutes as soon as I wake up. It actually helps me wake up more quickly and makes me more alert.

On the other end of things part of the challenge was to create a bedtime routine. So I got my favourite PJ’s my bed nicely arranged with cushions, my letter writing folder, my ipod to play relaxing music, my diary to write challenge updates and the book I was reading at the time. All of these were my favourite things to do to relax. Where I can I now try to do at least one of these things before going to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment