Monday 4 January 2016

Challenge within a challenge: A song a day playlist; Tracks 6-10

Here are the second lot of the songs in the song a day challenge! If you want to do something to brighten up your January, definitely try this challenge.

Day 6- A song you can always relate to
Linsey- Peter, Jamie T
Me- Lift, Shannon Noll
I’d just started my first job hunt and this was on an album I bought the first time I went to Australia. I bought it as it had the song they used for The Ashes highlights (ironically by an Australian.) I’d had quite a few job rejections at this point when I heard the song and as corny as it sounds, the song spoke to me. When I heard the lyrics I was thinking, this guy is talking about me, has he written the song just for me? Obviously not as apparently it’s one of the songs Roger Federer listens to before matches!

Day 7- A song that is your guilty pleasure
Linsey- Love is an Open Door, Frozen
Me- Steal my Girl, One Direction
I’m not going to lie, I love a bit of 1D! Although this is the most recent song of theirs that I actually like, recently none of their songs have been catchy enough. This however is a great pop song, I spent many a commute into a job that was an hour drive belting out this song. Not an hour on repeat mind you, I’d get sick of it if I did that.


Day 8- A song you liked when you were younger
Linsey- 2 Become 1, Spice Girls
Me- I Sing the Body Electric, Fame soundtrack
My sisters and I, maybe not Lucy but definitely Lisa would dance around the living room the Fame soundtrack. Fame, Hot Lunch Jam and I Sing the Body Electric songs. I hadn’t heard it in a long time and when I was listening to it on the way to work I forgot how catchy it was. I also forgot that the lyrics make no sense whatsoever!

Day 9- A song that makes you want to dance
Linsey- The Lovecats, The Cure
Me- All Alone at Christmas, Darlene Love
Linsey wanted to have a Christmas song as part of the challenge, and this not only is my favourite Christmas song, but also a song you can’t help but dance to.

Day 10- A song that makes you cry
Linsey- A Faust Travesty Final Trio, Jenny Williams and Thomas Burns
Me- Who Am I, Will Young
There’s quite a few songs that make me cry, an old Adele song recently made me cry on the way to work, but I thought it would be too predictable. So on the way to visiting my sister I was looking for another song and listened to a few Will Young songs, and came across this song. When it came out it didn’t make me cry, but listening the lyrics this time made me blub like a baby. Will Young’s music videos are always very good and this one is him being a Blue Peter presenter. It’s well worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment