Sunday 14 February 2016

Challenge within a challenge: What would Beyoncé do?!?

This weekend was none stop fun with great things happening on Friday and Saturday night. I’m going to focus on the latter today and Friday tomorrow!

So last night Linsey and I went to see a show called What Would Beyoncé Do?!? It was a stand up show by comedian Luisa Omielan. I came across this when trying to find something to do this weekend, and was looking on Ticketmaster and came across it listed. It’s a phrase that Linsey and I use quite a bit, but neither of us know when we started using it.

Neither of us had heard of Luisa before, but by the end of the show we felt like we were best friends with her. It was brilliant. I was laughing from start to finish and a lot of things I was nodding and agreeing with. And I forgot how many great songs Destiny’s Child and Beyoncé had done, as they were played throughout the show.


Once the show finished there was an after party and it was like a school disco. Lots of old school songs; No Diggity, Summer Nights and What a Feeling from Flashdance were particular highlights.
By the end of the night, my cheeks ached from laughing so much and my feet ached from dancing. That’s the sign of a good night out!

The dress I wore was one I’ve had for around 3 years, but have never got round to wearing. I got it from an old work colleague and it’s quite a bold colour. So when deciding what to wear, I thought with the them; What would Beyoncé do? Well of course she’d go for the bold, bright dress! It's from a shop called Love Label which I'd never heard of.


(GIF credit to the organisers of What Would Beyoncé do?!)

With every dress I wear, I make a donation to charity and Beyoncé co founded a charity called Chime for Change. I went to a concert for the charity 3 years ago at Twickenham, so was aware of the work it does. So I've made a donation to that charity. The charity focuses on raising money for projects promoting; education, justice and health for girls and women. What’s great about the charity is that you can choose which project your money goes to.

Now….what would Beyoncé do? Well she’d obviously donate to every project, but I haven’t got the bank account of the Queen B. So I've donated to the project to protect 250 immigrant women fleeing violence, because Beyoncé, Kelly and Michelle back in the day sung about being Independent women. The project trains volunteer attorneys to lift women and their children from the violence and help them become self-sufficient. The amount I donated will be for one trip to a local court.

So if you please check out Luisa Omielan’s comedy and check out the work Chime for Change does.

No comments:

Post a Comment