Tuesday 1 December 2015

Random act of kindness and thoughtful presents: Baking exchange

For Halloween last year Charlotte and I held a party, and to warn our neighbours that there would be noise, we did the smart thing and invited them to the party.


One of them called Laura showed up and she brought along some cake-pops which she baked. I pointed out that Charlotte and I also like to bake, and jokingly said that if she needed a tasting panel to let us know.

Imagine our surprise when 2 days later I come home from work to find a foil package on our doorstep which was warm banana bread in! It tasted great and so a few days after I returned the gesture with some pumpkin pie that I had made.


Just over a year later and the exchange is still happening. There’s no rota, it’s all very sporadic which makes it even better as you never know when there’s going to be some cake on the doorstep!



No comments:

Post a Comment