Wednesday 30 December 2015

Thoughtful presents: Wedding Flowers

My friend Louise who I did gluten free baking with recently got married in September after being with her fiancé Grant for 10 years. They had their wedding reception in October and it was great fun. The venue was nicely decorated and at the end of the night Louise told us all to take home flowers which were in gold sprayed beer bottles. I remember loading my car with as many as I could.

I wondered what to do with them, and had an idea to dry a few out and press them. Looking on trusty Pinterest, probably at 3am in the morning when I woke up in the middle of the night, I found an idea.
I decided to put the pressed flower on a tray. So a few weeks ago on a trip to the Tiger shop with my friend Laura I bought a metal tray for which was a good practical size. My friend Ann Marie does a lot of craft and I explained the idea and she said I needed Mod Pudge to glue the flowers down. I bought some from Hobby Craft and I applied it to the tray and flowers.


Worried that I’d stink out the flat, instead of leaving it to try in the living room, I stupidly thought to leave it in my bedroom. Only left it there for 30 minutes before realising the hallway outside the flat was probably the best place. Thing is I didn’t get much sleep because I was worried I’d get damaged in some way by the fumes that were still lingering in my room, haha.


Once the Mod Pudge dried off I think the end result looked okay. The purple colour faded from some of the flowers, but apart from that I think it worked.


Louise loved it and said that she pressed a few flowers from her flower crown, so it was a perfect addition to that.

At weddings, flowers are always given away, so as an additional gift for the bride try making the tray, it’s very easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment