Thursday 24 December 2015

Challenge within a challenge: Dresses 2 and 3 work party and family outing

Tis the season to be merry, dance and keep up traditions and last weekend I did all three. I had my work Christmas party on the Friday night and I was so busy having a good time that I forgot to take a picture of me in my dress.

I did take a picture earlier in the week when deciding on which dress to choose. So this is what I went for. A little black dress from Jane Norman which had sheer sleeves with black polka dots. Friday was Text Santa, so I donated £5 to the appeal. I donated an extra £5 as well as it was Christmas jumper day at work and I couldn't find the donation buckets.


The next day I met my family at 9.30 which was very early considering I went to bed around 2 am. We went to London as for the past few years we go and watch a play before Christmas. Last year it was The Railway Children, and the year before it was a play at The National Theatre. I remember talking to an elderly lady in the interval of that play and then sitting with her for the second half as she was on her own. She came from Wales and was house sitting for her son in London while he was skiing.

Back to present day, we had a look round the Southbank, had Brussel Sprout pizza for lunch (as you do,) saw Ronan Keating do some filming (as you do) and then saw the Ballad of Robin Hood which had Brian Blessed’s  daughter in it (as you do.)

The play was entertaining, however I was really struggling to stay awake. I had to fidget the whole way through, and as it was in the round, there was nowhere to hide if I nodded off! Thankfully it was only 1 hour and 15 minutes.

This is the dress I wore, and it was a bit confusing as to which way round it should be on.
What do you think?



In terms of a donation to charity, I actually did this buying another dress! In Festival Hall they had a little charity shop exhibition where they were selling Christmas jumpers and dresses. I saw a great one for New Year’s Eve and so I bought it there for £10.99. I bought the dress from Traid. Traid is a charity which is turning clothes waste into funds to reduce the environmental impact of our clothes.
The New Year dress will be on the blog in the next couple of weeks. I can’t wait to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment