Saturday 12 December 2015

Challenge within a challenge: Journo Girls take on the Gilmore Girls

My friend Hayley and I are big Gilmore Girls fans. If you haven’t seen the show I highly recommend it, they do talk very fast, but it’s funny and witty as well.

One of the main characters Rory is very smart and in the show she dreams of going to Harvard or Yale. She’s very well read and is always reading classic novels.


Since starting the Five Score and Five blog I decided to look at Pinterest for some challenge ideas, and I found a great one to do with Gilmore Girls.

Somebody has created a list of all the books that either Rory read or mentioned in the show and there are over 300! Blogs of a Bookaholic featured the list in full. I sent the list to Hayley and I asked if she would be up for working through the list. She said yes and said she always wanted to be part of a book club. So I guess this is our very own Gilmore Girls book club.


As there are a lot of books, we’re going to be resourceful. Using our local library and virtual ones (finally getting regular use of a kindle I bought years ago) and borrowing books from family and friends that have copies. I’ve already been through the family book shelf and found the below off the list.

Like I said it is a long list to go through, so I'll update here from time to time what books we've read. There's no deadline on this challenge, so it will probably keep us entertained until we have zimmer frames!

Hayley’s fiancé Jonathan who is pictured above picked the first book at random Hayley and I are going to read, and it’s The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I haven’t read any Sylvia Plath before. All I know is that she had a tumultuous marriage to Ted Hughes and I think she gassed herself. So it will be interesting to see how the book is!


No comments:

Post a Comment