Sunday 29 November 2015

Thoughtful presents: Silver lining

I've been friends with Humaira aka Di-Lowe since the final year of uni when we both took extra shorthand classes. And since then our friendship has grown and strengthened. Our job hunting journeys parallel each other’s for quite some time, so it was always good to have someone to turn to who was in the exact same situation.


About a month or so ago she text me saying that she had some jewellery stolen and for a friend to have things stolen it is an awful thing.

When friends have something bad happen or are going through a low period I immediately think what I can do to make them happy. And often I find that the smallest gestures are the most meaningful. So I went on one of my favourite sites Not on the High Street and bought Humaira a bangle to restart her collection which was stolen.

Humaira and I love a good quote and it would've been good to have our favourite quote on the bangle, but it was too long. Our favourite quote is: ‘Friendships don’t magically last forty years, you have to invest in them.’ So I settled on key words that mean a bright future.  And I don’t think it looked too bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment