Friday 18 March 2016

Challenge within a challenge: Getting my ideas heard

For today’s blog I get to talk about two of my favourite things; Greg James and Aussie Masterchef! 

Now Aussie Masterchef is being used to hypothetically cover something that happened a few weeks ago. I can’t actually say what, but I’m hoping this scenario and with your high intelligence and common sense (the sort that brings you to read my blog,) you’d figure out what I am going on about. But a major clue is it’s to do with something I do every weekday.

It’s a far stretch I know but for this you need to imagine I’m in Aussie Masterchef. Each week they have mystery box challenges were all the contestants have a box in front of them and they have to cook with whatever is inside the box. There are 20 odd contestants, but only 4 or 5 actually get picked to be tasted each week.

So I’ve been in the show for a while; George, Gary and Matt ask me week after week what my dishes are, but they don’t get tasted. They’re not strong enough, maybe they don’t meet the brief or maybe there are simply better dishes to try. Week after week it’s back to the drawing board, or should I say chopping board and to try and come up with a winning recipe.

A few weeks ago it looked like I got a winning recipe, or at least one that wants to be tried by Matt, George and Gary, and could progress further.

So what has this got to do with my blog? Well I wore a dress, a smart black work one, with some great maroon heels. A determined, serious outfit as I had a point to prove.

Now why am I talking about Greg James in this blog? He’s a radio 1 DJ who I've been a fan of for years. I’m such a big fan that my sister Lisa wrote to Greg asking if he could write me a birthday card, and he did! It was the best birthday card, and true to Lisa’s word she said she wouldn't be able to get a better card so why bother trying, and I haven’t got a birthday card from her since.



Greg did a great challenge for Sports Relief; to do five triathlons, in five days, in five cities, and he completed it! So for wearing the dress for ‘Aussie Masterchef’ I donated to Sports Relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment