Monday 23 November 2015

Thoughtful presents: Leaving me speechless

In this blog I write about thoughtful presents I give people. However on this occasion I’d like to write about the most thoughtful gift I received on Friday from my sisters Lucy and Lisa.


It was my birthday back in October and my sisters said there was a bit of a delay on the arrival of my present (I later found out this was partly my doing.) The present arrived last week and I was intrigued by what they had got me.

What my sisters had got blew me away. As you know in the past year I set myself a challenge called ‘The 29 Challenge’ and I blogged about it for the whole year. What I got from Lucy and Lisa was a magazine style book of my blog which they had made! They had spent hours looking through my blog; summarising the blog posts (which probably took forever,) sourced new pictures and designed the layout of the book. My dad also helped with the finishing touches of it as well.




I’m a bit of a chatterbox but when I opened the present and started to look through, I was speechless and touched. I was touched by the gesture of using a lot of their spare time to put together a great keepsake. I was thinking of doing something similar but hadn't got around to it. In fact my friend Hayley aka Rock text me after seeing my Facebook post about the present saying she’d been thinking of making a book of my blog too, and thought about it for months before she talked herself out of it. She was glad that my sisters did make a book and said they did an awesome job.




For more information on how my sisters made the book, Lisa wrote about it for her blog; Always Arty. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment