Tuesday 5 April 2016

Challenge within a challenge: A novel idea

For the past few months I've been in reading mode, and with my screenwriting stepping up a gear last month I thought I’d combine both of these things and…..write a novel in 30 days!!!


As you can see I've always been into books!

Believe it or not there is already a ‘National Novel Writing Month’ that takes place every year, so there’s a lot of like-minded people out there.

My friend Hayley and I couldn’t wait till November so we’re both motivating each other to write a novel. I think with a challenge like this it’s great to have someone else on board.

There are 50,000 words to write in 30 days which is roughly 1,666 words a day. I will admit that I’m a little behind, however with screenwriting in the past, some days I surpass my targets considerably. And if I’m in writing mode then sometimes there’s no stopping me.

So what is my book about? Well I’m not going to say as the idea is in the very early stages. It’s semi-autobiographical but with a different way of looking at an important element of my life. I will however tell you the title and it’s ‘Mr Hunter and I.’

I'm enjoying the challenge so far, and Hayley has had to stop and rethink her plot and spend a few days drafting ideas, but she’s enjoyed what she’s written so far.


Here’s hoping for some April showers so I can stay indoors more and the book can get written faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment