Tuesday 14 November 2017

Thoughtful presents: Sock-cakes

My friend Michelle’s birthday is a few days before mine and we both like cakes whether its eating or baking them.

A while ago she randomly dropped into conversation that she likes socks, especially the furry ones and I wondered whether I could combine cakes and socks. It turns out I can with what is known as the sock-cakes!

I was originally going to present these on a card cupcake stand, but this was impossible to find, so I found a nice tray from Poundland. They do a great baking range there and I need to go back and stock up. The silicon cupcake cases you can also get from Poundland but I got mine from Wilkinsons and the socks were from New Look.


To make the socks look like cakes, (and believe me from afar they do look like cakes) I got the pairs together, rolled them up and then put an elastic band around them. Then when putting them in the cases I pulled the band down so it was hidden by the cases.


I think Michelle like the gift, although her baby daughter started getting grumpy and Michelle had to see if she was okay, so she didn’t really get time to look at the present.

1 comment:

  1. Look good enough to eat! You can add a red pom pom as a 'cherry' on the top. (Mum)

    ReplyDelete