Sunday 11 December 2016

Screenwriting: Voice memos

A while ago I blogged about how I used a long car journey to give me time to think about how to think about certain parts of my second feature film. What I also have a tendency to do is think about the dialogue the characters would say. More often than not, I’d think of something great, but then when I get to my destination, I never can write it down exactly what I said.

Then my flatmate Rachel had a suggestion; that I should use voice memos. This was an app on my phone and you can just talk for as long as you want and then play it back later. So I set my phone up to record before I set off (safety first of course), put it on the passenger seat (obviously I couldn’t hold onto the phone when driving) and just started talking as I drove to one of my friend’s house for a catch up.

In the days afterwards I’ve been spending time listening back to what I wrote and writing it up. Although it was for a few different scenes, it’s good to have a bases for upcoming scenes which I can flesh out if need be.


I was worried the recording quality wouldn’t be able to capture what I was saying, and sometimes outside traffic was too overbearing and drowned out my voice. But for the most part it was a great app to use, and I’ll definitely use it again in the future on car journeys when I’m on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article you have shared with us its really helpful for me. We Review Brain Fitness Food and Supplements for your mind are helping peoples.It give real preparing benefits. And Benefits are Enhanced MEMORY, FOCUS,Decreased FATIGUE,reduce STRESS RESPONSE, The best brain supplements are Citicoline,Curcumin,Magnesium Threonate,Acetyl L-Carnitine. For more visit http://www.shoplie.com/citicoline/

    ReplyDelete