Sunday 5 June 2016

Challenge within a challenge: Reuniting over a good book

With the summer months upon us, and hopefully normal summer temperatures, this means I’ll get to wear some nice dresses. And this means that it will count towards my dress challenge and I’ll donate some more money to charity in the process.

This weekend has been a very busy one, I’m shattered! I went to a wedding which I’ll blog about tomorrow. Today I went to a book signing to meet the great Giovanna Fletcher!


I’m a big fan of her books, well the ones I’ve read. I’ve read Dream a Little Dream, which I thought she wrote about me as the main character Sarah had lots in common with me. Her book You’re The One That I Want I read while queuing up for rides at Disneyland. And on the last few pages my sisters were chanting; ‘Read it, read it’ as I finished the book.

Upon hearing about the book signing on one of Giovanna’s (or Gi as she’s known) YouTube videos I immediately thought of an old school friend called Carly. We follow each other on Instagram and when I posted about reading Gi’s books, Carly commented saying she was a fan of Gi as well because of the YouTube videos.

I sent a message to Carly asking if she wanted to go and we hadn’t seen each other since school, so well over 10 years. And she thought it was a great idea. So we went to Milton Keynes today and had a lovely catch up.


When we met Gi she asked if we were sisters and we explained that we were old school friends and hadn’t seen each since then and that her book signing was our little reunion and she loved that. I also gave her a recipe as she’s a big Nutella fan and I have a great recipe for oaty banana and Nutella muffins.


I wore a little pink dress today, which I bought from New Look years ago, no doubt in the sale. Gi recently did a video about Wrigley’s Extra’s ‘Extra Smile Back Project and the money raised from that will go their chosen charity partner; Action for Children. So I’ve made a little donation to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment